Sunday, May 8, 2011

Rocky Mountain Featherbed and the history of my style

You would not believe what I did to get this line in 1978. It was then owned by a great guy named Cub Schaefer from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. One of his staff, visiting, was in my shop and was wearing one of the vests. I told him if he would help me get the line into the shop, I would give him the hiking boots that he wanted, free. He accepted and the rest was history. It was, along with North Face and Patagonia(Great Pacific Ironworks, in those days) one of my most popular tech lines. It also crossed over into the fashion side which was where I was headed with my buying. It was perfect! It was quintessential cowboy, no?
It is now owned by a  Japanese company. Wonder what Cub is up to these days? 

images:semanticseed.com,highsnobiety.com,freshnessmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment