Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Hate my hair!

 So, how many times have we said that over the years: I hate my hair?
There are so many important elements that go into producing great style. Hair might be # 1, closely followed by shoes.
 There are some rules, in my opinion.
1. Be brave enough to try a few styles and cuts and colors or you will never figure out the best for you. Again it's the whole thing about practice. You have to practice hair styles and be willing to take a risk





 2.Don't go grey . There are a few people who, I admit, do look good(not great) with grey hair BUT NOT MANY! Some young people are going grey as a novelty and I think that is great and real fashion They won't stay grey and neither should you.


 












3.The bigger you are the more hair you should have. I have seen many larger very handsome women, except they have very short hair. A big no no because the proportion is all wrong
4.Thick hair is very hard to manage but it has to be. Thick hair with curl needs attention more than straight hair does. The hair must be cut really well and thinned out often.

5.Thought must be given to hair. The length, color,finishing, adornment. I see a lot of people with hair that is in control instead of them being in control of their hair. This doesn't mean you can't have a wild kind of hair like Grace Coddington from Vogue( who is so stunning). Her hair is frizzy and wild(a recipe for disaster for most of us) but so fabulous. She knows what she is doing with it. It is not just there. There is a plan. You have to have a plan and execute over and over until you get it right. Et voila, Style!!








6. Short can be very sexy and alluring if you have style and know how to execute the look as do Halle Berry and Tilda Swinton(for heaven's sake watch the movie"I Am Love")
I am pooped and am going to bed. Agree , disagree. Love to hear from you. Is there anyone out there??

1 comment: