Thursday, October 31, 2013

 I am about to embark on a project to relate the history of fashion from 1949 to present through my eyes.
 I am a baby boomer, born shortly after world war two, when everyone was happy to have loved ones home and lots of marrying and tons of babies.
 My mum and dad were gorgeous, and my mum was a fashion icon in her day. I had humble beginnings, as mum and dad had nothing. My mum was from the country and although her dad "big Jim" was a very successful lumberman in St Stephen, they had 7 kids and no money to help Lilly and Johnny. My dad's family basically the same. So, that being said this is our first home. None the less I had a relatively happy childhood especially during the early years. We had very little but we had loads of style!! It gets better so stay tuned  for next installment in "The Fashionable Life of a Canadian girl named Lynne Godfrey"
Lillian Swift
Lillian Swift
Johnny Swift
645 Chestnut St. Fredericton N.B.
Lynne Swift (Godfrey)

Lynne Swift (Godfrey)

No comments:

Post a Comment