Friday, November 1, 2013

 I am not sure where my mum got her love of fashion, coming from the country and all, but she had an amazing sense of style from the get go. Now, folks did dress up a lot more for work and kids for school and play, in the 50's but we did even around the house. I mean, I am reading comics and have little pony tail, turned up jeans and loafers. Amazing! Outside playing in tam and full canvas jacket and pants to match. This was the way it was all the time and my mum held down a full time job. She was the original womens' lib. She was a trail blazer for sure and this was my role model for "doing it all" and for attention to detail in fashion.
 This was not just our family but most families in the 50's. Cool time! We were more fashion that most because of mum
  Mum's influence on my sense of style, as you can see, began very young. Here I am  on my bike and look at the outfit; adorable bathing suit and hat, just in the back yard; doll carriage parade that I won and at the exhibition held each year. Look at the adorable dress I am wearing. Crazy, when you think of it today.

 Early years   Lilly and me
me
me
me

me

No comments:

Post a Comment