Tuesday, November 5, 2013

TEETH, TEETH, TEETH !

The "fixing teeth" thing from last post! Let's be clear by "fixing", I don't mean looking after your teeth. I have always said, that is the most aging thing that people ignore, as they age. I am in favor of yearly check ups at the dentist and regular cleaning by a professional. Taking good care of your teeth is NOT what this blog post is about.
 In my opinion, people who,for no good reason and when their teeth are healthy but just a bit quirky,  have them ,what they consider "fixed", make a big mistake. It takes away part of their personality and in my opinion, appeal. There are certainly exceptions and when your teeth are a real distraction or very crooked or really look bad or are not healthy, then yes, veneers can be extremely helpful and restore a person's confidence and make them look better. I don't think that is what is happening in the majority of cases.
 There is no bigger fan and admirer of David Bowie than I am. I have even  designed a line of knit clothing for him and inspired by him. I cried like a baby listening to "where are we now" from his latest album, but I was bummed when he had his teeth"fixed". Like his eyes, those little bit fang like teeth gave him that unique edge. He was so good looking anyway, I just didn't think it was better. It's not bad and this is only my opinion. The article I take this photo from said it was a big improvement, but I do not agree.
 This the way I feel about Ricky Gervais. He has the same kind of teeth and I love them.

















Does anyone out there agree?
photo : au.lifestyle.yahoo.com

I think it is very important, and part of overall health and for sure, style to look after your teeth. Like I said, you should whiten them and have them kept up every year. be careful not to whiten too much as that is a big "no no" as well. If someone has these unnaturally white teeth then that is all you see which is not good either. I would love your thoughts out there?
      

No comments:

Post a Comment