Monday, February 28, 2011

The "GOODS" on fashions at the Oscars, last night!

        Kinda safe, to be honest! In a way it sucked!  The show was too long and so BORING!
        I hate to say that because I have been watching the Oscars since I was a little girl with my mum, who loves fashion as well. We adored it! It's way too scripted for it to be interesting. Need the unexpected!
        Remember these risk takers. Most of it went very wrong style wise but what fun!!



    I say good for them. They knew they could be criticized but went for it anyway. Got us talking!
    I wish the designers would get more involved creatively with the decisions.  Sometimes, it's the stylists that are walking the red carpet. What  do you think? The designers are the creative force and working with creative people  in show business should be able to come up with extraordinary delights that pass the fashion police but are more edgy and interesting and suit the wearer's personality.
   Everyone is so worried about not offending anyone or making a misstep that it is simply dull. Most of us love to gossip a bit and trash one another(just for the FUN of it for heaven's sake) Can't anyone laugh at themselves anymore. It's kinda fun, really, and it's not bullying.  The pendulum once again has gone too far and we can't say anything in fun anymore.That's why I loved Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes and Joan Rivers any time (she is sooo funny). I figure if you can have a laugh at yourself then you can have a laugh at others once in awhile. O.K. Enough of my rant, let's get to the fashions.

Probably one of my all time favorites in recent history was that little pink number that Gwyneth Paltrow wore in 1999 when she won!!





























I could go on and on with those I have loved but I digress. 




 Last night my favorite was worn by a 14 year old, Hailee Steinfeld,who helped design the dress. It was perfect!

 She did everything right. The length was perfect, unexpected but formal. The shoes were spot on, platform but feminine.The hairband was a stroke of genius. So simple but effective. Just the right touch. Loved the clutch as well. She has great style or a great stylist.
 There were some others I will post again tonight. Enjoy! Comments welcome.






Images courtesy Cher 1998 thefashionpolice.com
                           Bjork (2001) celebbuzz.com
                           Celine Dion (1999) mamapop.com
                           Kim Basinger (1990) ew.com
                           Gwyneth Paltrow  (1999) fabsugar.com
                            "                               "   designerdesireables.com
                           Hailee Steinfeld (2011)Huffington Post
                              "                         "      smallscreenscoop.com





































No comments:

Post a Comment