Saturday, February 5, 2011

Style a summary of sorts

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I will try to be more consistent and post daily even if it is to be continued which this all will be
So, Style101. Style and fashion are not the same, to start with. Style comes from within and is developed over time. Style is how you present to the world and is very important. It says to the world visually at least, this is who I am. Hopefully you may discover the great joy in finding a style of your own and developing it as I try to take mine to the highest level I can.
He has had some help I think but it is great. I love the look. Of course"the hair is the thing"

You have to practice and you won't do that unless you are passionate about it. I find it impossible to understand how you couldn't be passionate about something as exciting as developing a style. To paraphrase @malcolm gladwell in Outliers, you have to give a task 10,000 hrs to be superior at it. If you work at it for 2hrs a day lets say, it will take you over 10 years to be really excellent at it so there is no time to waste. I myself, who knows everything there is to know about style, has been practicing since I came out of the womb (my mother practiced for me in the beginning but that is another story) so I have my 10,000 hrs, thank you very much. By practice I mean, think about it. You need your required reading of @vogue,@bazaar and @elle every month. Pick one each month and study it. Look at the pictures and see which of them you like more than others. What is it about those that you like better. Learn to distinguish various styles ( I will discuss all the styles but a few would be preppy,glam,rap,rock,super city) and what makes them different from one another. Look at these and see if you can figure out their style.
They all tell a different story. In blogs to come we will buy the same magazine and then I will go through it with you and you can ask me any questions about anything you want. You can do this at any time and I will be glad to help.

The best canadian fashion source is @jeannebeker. She has an online show "RAW" that is excellent.

When you look at magazines you will see they are perfect but that is not the point. The point is to do your best, not to be perfect. Style is not perfect. It is interesting and quirky and fabulous! Perfect is boring. What the magazines do, is show you the best, so you can learn from them. The models have great hair, so get a great hair cut, they have great skin so soak yourself in moisturizer for awhile. They have great makeup so spend a bit of time at the cosmetic counters looking around and maybe trying some things. This is what you get from reading and looking at fashion magazines.


I could go on and on and will......... see you here tomorrow! LG






For some reason there is a big gap between my post and comment. Just scroll down and you will find it. I am working on it.


























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment