Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hair part 2

  Since hair is so important to overall style, I am going to devote another post to it. Last time I spoke about some of my rules; being brave, not going grey, bigger hair if you are bigger, giving thought to your hair style.
  Many of us don't make change in our lives out of fear. Fear is a powerful emotion. We may be afraid of failing, of looking stupid, of being wrong. With hair, if you fail, it grows back for heaven's sake. That alone should make you break out. Think of the movie Scent of a Woman when Al Pacino says, and I paraphrase; no mistakes in the tango, when you get tangled up, just tango on! If it looks stupid, wear a hat and then at home analyze what makes it look bad with magazines in front of you of hair you like. Try to fix it so you like it. This mistake might be the best thing as you will realize that hey, I think I might look better with this or that. BE FEARLESS when it comes to your hair.
 If my hair isn't working I can always seem to embellish with a headband of some sort and make it look O.K. I think in this profile picture the black shiny headband adds to the originality? Also I am wearing pigtails with a fancy dress just to be interesting and more provocative.I "thought" about it.
Continuing with the "fearless" thought; be fearless at the hairdressers as well. I have had more BAD hairdressers try to discourage me from getting what I want by saying that you can't do this or that with your hair. Whatever! Any hairstyle you see that you like can be adapted to your type of hair if you have a good hair stylist, who understands hair and how it works. The cut that you like may be on a model with very straight thin hair and you have thicker curly hair. It will react a bit differently to the cut and if you practice with your hair you will expect this but you can have a similar cut none the less and it will be fine, just a bit different. This is a good thing and your working towards style. I have been thrown out of hair salons twice with my hair wet on a Saturday afternoon because the stylist was terrified . You know who you are, hee hee!! Instead of being brave and working with me to get a great look, they both panicked  and threw me out. I picked up my pictures, threw back my wet, half finished mane, and left.
  To end today's post, lets have a bit of fun with the absolute NO,NOs of good hair style
1. The Comb over. Ahhhhh,Nope. It never works










2.The asymmetric cut. Think Edward Scissorhands. The cut on the left, hee!! I can't think of one I admire. What do you think?

3.The infamous mullet















Images courtesy of momgrind.com,prohaircut.com, andsodahead.com
Hair might get even one more post. See you tomorrow if there is anyone listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment